Tuesday, July 12, 2011

*P-H2TER-


"16. I am the prescribed ritual; I am the sacrifice; I am the food offered to ancestors; I am the medicine prepared from plants; I am the sacrificial mantra; I am also the ghee; I am the Fire, and the offering thrown into the Fire is also Me.

17. I am the father, mother, supporter and grandfather of this world. I am all that makes holy or which can be known. I am the utterance 'Aum', and I am also the rig, sama and yajur [Vedas],

18. The ultimate state, the supporter, the lord, the witness, the dewlling, the refuge, the friend, the origin, the destruction, the existence, the place of repose and the imperishable seed.

19. I cause the heat of the sun, I hold back and release the rain; I am immortality as well as death, the imperishable and the perishable too, O Arjuna."
The Bhagavadgita, C. 9, trad. Vrinda Nabar & Shanta Tumkur, London: Wordsworth Editions, 1997, p.40.

No comments: